On the eve of the year we’re currently standing in, Grammy Award winning producer 9th Wonder did what most would call an extremely long Twitter rant, but I’d describe it as a major purging flush on his time line. He used the net to regulate and recalibrate the air before anyone in ear shot of his tweets. Preparation for entry into a new year of peace, prosperity and not repeating the same mistakes made in 2010. His commentary went on for hours, some words emphasized in CAPS, very direct and blatant with every burst of text, he had my attention immediately. I appreciate what I read so much that I’ve isolated a few lines of his to share with you here. Even if you’re not a ‘Hiphop’ artist these notes are valuable and can be applied to whatever your genre may be.
- ARTISTS…get off twitter talking about negative s***…..DONT NOBODY wanna follow you homey if you are on that ALL day
- EVERYONE ARTIST should RETWEET ANY mention of your name…thats PROMOTION, we hear the same 5 songs 40 times a day, so why can’t we retweet
- CHAMPION the ones who REPRESENT the people…sometimes you being JUST a FAN and supporter HELPS the cause
- quit COMPLAINING about how hip-hop is messed up…WHAT YOU DOING AS A FAN/ARTIST to CHANGE IT, OTHER THAN GETTING A DEAL
- REALLY sit down and listen to YOUR OWN MUSIC and ASK yourself..”If i heard this on TV, RADIO, or anywhere..WOULD I BUY IT if it wasn’t me?”
- FIND your OWN LANE…if you wanna make music FOREVER…..