Kiss Metrics the “Online Marketing and Customer Acquisition Blog” says, “88% of Shoppers Abandon Items in Online Basket“. Check out this great graphic with suggestions of how to improve shopper experience while visiting your site to help increase sales and reduce, shopping cart abandonment.
- Show delivery and payment options upfront at the beginning of the checkout process.
- Offer free (or reduced) shipping.
- Don’t force registration before the sale has been made.
- Provide options to save the contents of the cart.
- Setup for safe and secure checkout.
- Display customer support contact information.